نشر السبت 01 ديسمبر, 2018 في تمام الساعة 09:38
Date: 30 Nov 2018
In the 36thFriday: The Israeli occupation forces deliberately targeting the peaceful demonstrators in the Great Return Marches.
The Legal and International Advocacy: The Israeli occupation denial of international calls and the continued commission of crimes against peaceful demonstrators clearly illustrate the Israeli occupation disregard of international law and action.
The Legal and International Advocacy Committee of the National Commission for the Return and Siege Breaking Marches strongly condemns the continuation of the Israeli occupation forces to target the Palestinians participating in the return and siege breaking marches in Gaza Strip for the 36th consecutive Friday, where the Israeli occupation forces on Friday, 30 Nov 2018 until 20:00 local time in Palestine, deliberately used excessive and lethal force against demonstrators, which lead to injuring (28) with live bullets and tear gas eastern Gaza strip.
Mid last week, the Israeli occupation naval forces repeated their attacks against the citizens participating in the events of the 18th sea march on the shore of the North Sea in Gaza, as part of the return and siege breaking peaceful activities. Which, according to the information of the Palestinian Ministry of Health, led to injuring 3peaceful Palestinian civilians of the participants.
Therefore, the Legal and International Advocacy Committee of the National Commission for the Return and Siege Breaking Marches reaffirms the following:
- The peacefulness of the return marches and its activities, civilians have the right to raise their voices and demonstrate against the occupation and its ongoing crimes against the Palestinians. Facts on the ground indicate beyond doubt that the marches are peaceful, whether were weekly or daily marches that take place during the day or Night.
- IOF continuation to target civilians who exercise their right to peaceful demonstration, or during their press or humanitarian work, is a serious violation of the rules of international law and international humanitarian law and contrary to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court and the Fourth Geneva Convention.
- The Israeli occupation forces deliberately kill and injure the Palestinian demonstrators participating in the return marches carry a clear denial and disregard for the human rights and international humanitarian law. The Israeli occupation forces' method of dealing with the peaceful Palestinian demonstrators came within the framework of the implementation of a systematic plan, and a political decision of the highest levels in the Israeli occupation state.
- The ongoing targeting of children, women, medical personnel, journalists, kite and balloon users provides further evidence of the unwillingness of the occupation forces to respect the established international legal principles, in particular the principles of international humanitarian law that require proportionality, distinction and necessity.
- The illegality of the Israeli siege and the collective punishment imposed on the residents of Gaza Strip, which violate the rules of international humanitarian law and a crime against humanity prohibited under the rules of international human rights law and international conventions and treaties, including the Fourth Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, Hague, 1907, which prohibits collective punishment and repressive measures against civilians; making breaking and ending the siege a legal duty imposed by the rules of international humanitarian and human rights law.
The Legal Committeesalutes the tens of thousands of participants, who participated in the march on Friday, and expresses its solidarity with the families of the martyrs and the wounded and promise them to work hard to expose Israeli crimes, and it will take all means in order to ensure accountability of Israeli war criminals for their crimes against Palestinian demonstrators, and considers the Israeli occupation forces killing of peaceful demonstrators constitutes a war crime in accordance with the Fourth Geneva Convention and the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court, and renews its warning to the Israeli occupation and its military forces against the continuation of the policy of targeting peacefully protesting civilians, and hold them accountable for these crimes.
The Committee is fully prepared to receive the international Fact-finding commission; and provide evidence of alleged violations and to ensure that victims are interviewed; and to provide any clarifications in this regard,therefore, the Legal Committee demands the following:
- The Legal Committee condemns the Israeli incitement against peaceful marches and gatherings, in violation of the right to peaceful assembly guaranteed by international conventions. It affirms that all justifications and claims of the occupation to target the civilians participating in the return marches, whether their claim that the human rights laws do not apply on demonstrations in the Gaza Strip, or by making thermal balloons and kites a military objective, or by exercising their right to self-defense, all of which are false and illegal claims, since this right does not prove to the occupation state but to the people who resist the occupier, and considers this incitement is an attempt to militarize popular marches and justify the expansion of targeting and killing peaceful demonstrators participating in the march.
- The Legal Committeeon the occasion of the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People warns of the inaction of the international community and its incapability to enforce the rights of the Palestinian people and neglects their legitimate demands, the committee also condemns the United States and President Donald Trump for legitimizing the occupation and colonial settlement of Israel and the Judaization of Jerusalem and recognizing it as the capital of Israel and the attempts to liquidate the refugee cause, and demands the international community and all the free people of the world to work hard to end the long-term occupation of the Palestinian territories.
- The Legal Committee calls upon the international community, the United Nations bodies, the Human Rights Council and the High Contracting Parties to the Geneva Convention to carry out their moral and legal responsibilities to protect Palestinian civilians and demonstrators in the popular march "the return march" and hold the occupation leaders accountable for the crimes committed against the participants and peaceful demonstrators.
- The Legal Committee calls upon the Palestinian leadership to refer the crimes of the occupation against the demonstrators and all files to the Permanent International Criminal Court, under article 14 of the Rome Charter, and not only to refer the file of settlements, which would ensure that the Israeli criminals will be held accountable. It also reiterates its call on the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court to make a fair decision to open a criminal investigation into Israeli crimes committed in the Palestinian case.
- The Legal Committee calls upon the President and the Palestinian Government to immediately begin lifting the punitive and illegal measures imposed on Gaza Strip and to take all measures to strengthen the steadfastness of the citizens in Gaza Strip and Jerusalem and the creation of climates to restore national unity on the basis of the rule of law and political partnership.
- The Legal Committee expresses its deep appreciation to all friendly countries and institutions, the free world, and the movements of boycotting Israel for supporting the struggle and cause of our people, and urges all those concerned with justice, humanity, human rights defenders and freedom throughout the world, all Palestinians in all gatherings to take action on all legal, political, diplomatic, human rights and popular levels, and invites them to organize various solidarity events on the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People (29/11/2018) in order to ensure turning this day into a day of solidarity action in all forms, to demand the governments of the free world to compel Israel to stop its crimes against civilians, end its persecution of the Palestinian people, support the Palestinians' just struggle to lift the siege imposed on Gaza Strip for the twelfth year in a row, and stop the crimes of colonial settlement and racial discrimination, the Judaization of Jerusalem, end of the occupation and guarantee the right of return of Palestinian refugees in accordance with Resolution 194, in order to end their ongoing suffering since 1948.