Date: 6 Sep 2019
The legal and international Advocacy Committee: The Israeli occupation forces killed (2) demonstrators and injured (76) others in the Return Marches. The Committee demands referring the Israeli occupation crimes against peaceful demonstrators to the International Criminal Court.
The Legal and International Advocacy Committee of the National Commission for the Return and Siege Breaking Marches strongly condemns the continuation of the Israeli occupation forces to target the Palestinians participating in the return and siege breaking marches in Gaza Strip for the 73rd consecutive Friday, where today at the Friday entitled Front Home Protection “ 6 Sep 2019″ until 17:00, the Israeli occupation forces deliberately used excessive and lethal force against demonstrators, killing (2) children: Ali Sami Al-Ashqar, 17 yr, and Khalid Abu Bakr Mohammed Al-Rubai 14 yr, and injuring (76) civilians, (46) of them with live bullets including 2 badged paramedics and a journalist.
Not to forget the martyrdom of Badr al-Din Nabil Abu Musa “25 years old” on 31/8/2019, after he was injured east of Khan Younis during his participation in 72nd Friday of the return marches.
The Legal and International Advocacy Committee of the Supreme National Commission for the Return and Siege Breaking Marches affirms that the return marches and the popular activities that were and still maintaining their peaceful approach, and it reaffirms that the continued targeting of civilians and civilian facilities, in particular the holy sites and the desecration of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, are serious violations of the rules of international law and international humanitarian law, and violation of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court and the Fourth Geneva Convention, the committee warns again the Israeli occupation forces and their military forces from the continuation of targeting civilian and holds them the legal responsibility for this. Therefore, the Legal and International Advocacy Committee demands the following:
- The Legal and International Advocacy Committee calls upon the international community, the United Nations and the High Contracting Parties to the Geneva Convention to fulfill their moral and legal responsibilities to stop the war crimes committed by the Israeli occupation forces against peaceful demonstrators participating in the return marches, and to work to provide international protection for Palestinian civilians.
- The Legal and International Advocacy Committee warns of the consequences of the international community’s inability to act to stop the Israeli siege and crimes committed against peaceful demonstrators, especially in the Gaza Strip, and considers this inability as a green light for the Israeli occupation forces to continue shedding the blood of the peaceful unarmed demonstrators, and cause more casualties.
- The Legal and International Advocacy Committee calls for the implementation of the recommendations in the report of the international commission of inquiry, which was adopted at the 40th Session of the Human Rights Council. The Committee also demands the Palestinian leadership to refer the crimes of the occupation against the demonstrators and all files to the Permanent International Criminal Court, under article 14 of the Rome Charter, and not only to refer the file of settlements, which would ensure that the Israeli criminals will be held accountable.
- The Legal and International Advocacy Committee reiterates its call on national parties and categories to work hard to restore national unity on the basis of the implementation of the reconciliation and political partnership agreements and develop a national strategy to face the deal of the century and national challenges. And calls upon the Palestinian President and government to immediately begin lifting the punitive and illegal measures imposed on Gaza Strip and provide the daily needs of the Palestinian citizens, and work jointly to develop and popularize the model of the Great Return marches and popular resistance and to maximize the political, legal and diplomatic engagement with the Israeli occupation.
- The Legal and International Advocacy Committee calls on the international community, the High Contracting Parties to the Geneva Conventions judaization and all international organizations to work hard to hold the Israeli occupation accountable and demand lifting the siege on the Gaza Strip and ending the violations against the prisoners in Israeli prisons, colonial settlement crimes, the policy of racial discrimination against the Palestinians in the 1948 territories, the of Jerusalem, and guarantee the Palestinian refugees’ right of return in accordance with Resolution 194.